Factor of Safety Working Group
Monday July 13th 2pm
In our Slack forum we have been discussing Factors of Safety in acrobatic rigging and co-creating an advisory document on the subject. This meeting is to help define the audiences for this content and what types of advice is suitable for each and to advance the production of content useful to our community.
This event is open to all paying members and the link to the event will be published in the Slack forum.
Contact email@example.com if you need help
Performer Handling with Brett Copes
Friday July 24th 2pm
Riggers often participate as a member of the show crew, managing performers, planning performance cues and"pulling rope" for flying effects... which is a separate skill from hanging the show. This seminar looks at the role of the "Performance Rigger” as an integral part of a show or event. Brett will cover at the scope of responsibility for a rigger when it comes to rigging circus performers, performer flying and performer handling.
With examples from the workplace, we can discuss:
- Setting up and creating administration systems that are more performer friendly,
- Handling multiple performances (as in a Festival Showcase)
- Responsibilities such as "clipping in '' performers for flights
- Communicating with performers or on behalf of performers.
- Key ideas for collaborating with personalities of the show Production, Riggers and Performers
- Setting up short term and long term protocols for integration, communication, various acts, performers personalities and skill levels,
- Rescues and contingencies... "save the show"
- and more…
You can read more about Brett here
Tickets are free to paid members of CircusRigging.info also gives access to the recording of the event and all of our other member only information
Tickets are £10 for those who don't want to become a member and is only for the live online event.
You can book a place here
Rigging Conference May 2020 attendees
Those who paid for the rigging conference in May were given a months free complimentary membership. That has turned into 2 months but will now be expiring. If you want to update your profile please login and update your account details. If you don't want want to access our members only content then you don't need to do anything and you will still receive our newsletters
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support